what is it?
According to Webster’s dictionary, an intention is to have an aim or plan. I like to think of intention as focused energy towards one goal. The reason it’s important to have intention, an aim or a plan as Webster defines, is so you can manifest a desired goal. All you have to do is take a look around to see how focused you’ve been. Are you surrounded by all the things you’ve ever desired and dreamed of? If not then it could be that your intentions are scattered – a common side affect to today’s hectic lifestyles.
Intention can appear to be a finicky thing, but it needn’t be complicated. Simply put, intention is the art of focusing your mind (energy) to produce a particular outcome. The concept of mind over matter has become so popular that ivy league schools like M.I.T and Standford are getting on board with programs like The Intention Experiment, and Lynne McTaggart has built her life’s mission around it. But this knowledge of quantum physics, or mind over matter, is not new; despite appearances of new best-selling books and online programs to manifest now! Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill and even modern day teachers like Mike Dooley have known about this “secret” and have written many books about it. Which brings me to the book, The Secret. The information shared in this ever popular book was nothing new. It was merely explaining that intentions when well-clarified and focused can help you attract your ideal reality. Pretty cool eh?
Where the rubber meets the road is when you can take the idea of intention, understand it and manipulate it in a way to create a better reality, not only for you but for those around you. Intention is more than attracting that new sports car or acquiring that dream home. It’s having a better understanding of who you are as a spiritual being, and concluding that you are an omniscient, magnificent being with incredible power! Not the person you’ve conjured up as unworthy, or undeserving. When you learn that directing energy to produce a result that makes life better is not only possible, but that you are powerful at manifesting, your so-called perception of reality can change over night. As Ester Hicks so famously said, “It is just as easy to attract a castle as it is a button”. So why do many of us fail? Why is it that someone like Steve Jobs can clearly define a tech empire and manifest it and the rest of fall totally flat?
Why does it matters?
Intention can be hard and for most who want to manifest big things it doesn’t work. Our number one mistake is we think about too much stuff. An intention cannot hold 35 things. It needs to hold ONE thing, one goal. Not to mention, did you know that we have fifty thousands thoughts a day!? And out of those fifty thousand thoughts only one thousand are positive? Holy cow! Which brings me to the number two reason we can’t manifest, we are inundated with thousands of negative thoughts every day attracting more of what we don’t want.
What’s Feng Shui got to do with it?
Feng Shui is a terrific tool to help you increase flow and abundance in every area of your life. Who doesn’t want more of that, right? Well at the core of all Feng Shui is, you guessed it, is INTENTION. In order to get the good stuff, you gots to be able to focus! Not only do you need to focus but in order to manifest the good stuff you also can’t be swimming in those negative vibes. If you’re trying to attract super high vibes but you’re swimming in super low vibes the frequency, or vibrations don’t match. I just did a video on YouTube about this very thing. you can watch that here.
So you may be saying to yourself, well what the hell does Feng Shui have to do with it? In order to harness more positive energy you have to have an elevated state, an elevated vibration. If you don’t all your hard work won’t get the results you really want, and that’s where the intention comes in. The perfect recipe is:
- Cultivated Chi that’s elevated
- Clear intention
- Legit Feng Shui adjustments
That’s how you’ll harness your intention with Feng Shui and manifest your dream reality, and get better results! Once you get your vibe in the sweet spot here are five Feng Shui tips you can do at home to get even better results:
1) Color. Feng Shui is all about defining clear intentions through color, so if you have a main intention in mind strengthen it with color. For example, are you sapped at worked and in need of some serious creativity for that next ad campaign? Inject orange, whites or pastels into your home office to boost your intention. Looking for love? Paint your bedroom peach. In need of rest and vitality? Paint your bedroom or living room green.
2) Clutter. While I rarely subscribe to the clutter train when it comes to Feng Shui, it does play a role in your thoughts. Remove the clutter, clear your thoughts, period.
3) Plants. If you listen to my podcast, Home | Energy | Design I did a podcast last August, podcast #46, talking about the importance of nature in our life.. Nature grounds our energy and uplifts our moods. It is also a great way to boost intentions.
4) Music. We all have different tastes in music but the effect is the same, happiness. When you have a favorite song on how does it make you feel? You immediately feel happy, you sing along and snap your fingers. Music also uplifts energy through sound vibrations. Combine that with your happy mood and you’re in intention accelerator mode! Pow!
5) Good health. If you do not take care of yourself your energy is sapped. It’s the equivalent of trying to make a car drive cross country with a half a tank of gas…it ain’t gonna happen! Eat right, fill your home with scrumptious raw foods, drink water from a fancy glass, and find an activity that takes you outside. Perhaps gardening? It’s easy and fun.
So how is it that Feng Shui is harnessing my intentions exactly?
Bottom line is it’s all about Chi. You cannot cultivate home if you don’t cultivate self. And if your personal Chi is wrecked from a poor environment of toxic habits, and relationships you’ll never be able to manifest the good stuff. You have to take the time to cultivate your Chi so that it’s easier for you to feel good and focus. And once you do it’s easy to place Feng Shui adjustments because the results will be 120% more effective than if you tried to do them from a place of low vibes. Make sense?