Oh Fall I seriously can’t get enough of you. I don’t care how cliche pumpkin EVERYTHING is. I’m totally soaking up every little bit of this gorgeous weather! Can you believe Christmas is only 78 days away?? Okay, I’ll stop before I put everyone (including myself) into panic mode.
I knew when I tasted peanut butter chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes that I had to make some other pumpkin dishes this fall. So, I started brainstorming some healthy pumpkin ideas. Thus, pumpkin chia pudding was born. My first chia pudding experience happened when I made this chia pudding parfait. I was amazed at how the chia seeds expanded and made this pudding simply from soaking them in almond milk (I’m easily amused, clearly). So, I set off to experiment with what would happen if I mixed chia pudding with the flavors of Fall. The result is quite magical.
If you too are a lover of all things Fall and pumpkin you probably have many of these ingredients already. Almond milk , agave, and chia seeds make the “pudding” and pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla make it Fall! It wouldn’t be right to have this without homemade whipped cream, right?? This whipped cream is SO easy that it could be dangerous to have in the house. All you need to make this perfect topping is full-fat coconut milk, vanilla, and a hint of organic sugar. That’s all!
This could be the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert. It looks so fancy, but is truly so easy to make. Most of the time spent on this recipe is having it chill in the fridge over night. During it’s “chill” time I watched more Gilmore Girls. I am officially admitting that I have a problem. In the past four days I have managed to watch almost 3o episodes. I’m pretty sure my husband thinks I’m insane, and he may be correct.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or sweetener or your choice)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 15 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Optional Toppings:
- Dairy-Free chocolate chips, hazelnuts
- Place 1 cup almond milk and chia seeds in a bowl and mix well.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Whisk mixture for about a minute.
- Whisk in agave, pumpkin, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Place mixture in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Allow mixture to get pudding-like overnight.
- For whipped cream:
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and allow to cool overnight (do not shake the can).
- Scoop out the thick substance from the top of the can into a large bowl and leave the liquid milk in the can (do not use the liquid).
- Add the vanilla and sugar and blend for 3-5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Layer chia pudding and whipped cream
This post brought you by Lindsay Amabile from the local taste blog.