As promised I am back from highpoint with all the hot trends tips tricks forecasts and any other cool words you can think of that can possibly describe all the amazing upcoming things to come in home decor!
My head is spinning! Not only was I selected as one of the top 10 bloggers to cover 16 Sponsored Highpoint Showrooms, for the Design Bloggers tour, but I also scoured over 50 other showrooms on my own to shop for clients and see what’s new.
I landed on Friday morning and shenanigans ensued until Wednesday. I walked over 17K steps everyday, and hit over 100K steps by Wednesday afternoon. When I got home I slept 12 straight hours as if I was 22 and in college! And boy did EVERYTHING hurt! hahaha
Ok, Ok so what did I see? What’s new? What’s Hot?!
6 interior trends you’ll be lusting for in 2017
1) PINK – its everywhere, and Im so excited because as all of my clients know, its my favorite color to use!
2) Fresh Flowers – Gone are the days of using tired old silk fake things. Today’s home has beautiful fresh flowers (makes for great feng shui too, as flowers are considered life force energy)
3) COLOR – Color, color, color. Those boring grays are on their way out. Fresh whites with pops of color were everywhere, along with rich colors for walls. Top five colors:
This vignette from the Universal Showroom
by Kelli Ellis, pretty much sums up the top five color trends
4) Bars – bar carts, and bar consoles. Booze played it up big, and every showroom had several stylish options
This one by Stanley
was one of my favorites:
5) Gold – its back and its big. Silver is out. So start investing now in the gold trend. It will last 7-10 years in our industry and likely 15 for the consumer who is catching up.
6) Hardware – Super tiny, and big ass hardware stole the show! Gone are the days of boring wood knobs or basic round silver knobs. It’s all about the fancy stuff:
I took over 2200 photos. Yes, you read that right. These were just a few of the trends I saw, and believe it or not there are several more! So if you want to be on the pulse of what’s in and what’s out, be sure to head over here every day as I will be posting more info about our sponsors from the bloggers tour, what I saw on my own, and feedback I got from other designers on what they saw as upcoming trends.