Ever wonder if there was an ‘easy’ button for your next decorating project? Maybe you have family coming for the weekend or you’re planning to have friends over for dinner but you hesitate because your living room just isn’t up to par. Doing a quick change doesn’t need to take a lot of time or money, just simple planning. Heres how to get a quick change in 10 minutes or less.
Take a picture of your room. I suggest using your phone, it’s quick and easy. Taking a picture is the best way to really see how it looks and where it needs a facelift. Luckily there are a few tried and true elements sure to update your space in a flash.
1) Lighting-add a new floor lamp or table lamp. This can be something new or a lamp pulled from another room
2) Pillows-Most furniture comes with pillows or you already have some to work with. Move them around, pull from other rooms or add to your existing collection. this is a great way to add something new, a pop of color and more comfort.
3) Most of us have candles around the house. Candles are a great addition to any room because they uplift and embrace it with ambience. They are great mood enhancers especially in scents of lavender, vanilla or rose.
4) Throws-Adding a throw to your sofa or chair is a great way to add depth, color and most importantly comfort. When a guest sees a throw they subconsciously think comfort and relaxation, they also feel well taken care of.
5) Decorative tray- Trays are great for a room especially when you are entertaining. It keeps your party offerings all together and easy to move around. It can also collect any small spills from pouring tea or scooping sugar.
Adding color, texture and lighting to a space will greatly enhance the mood. Add just a few elements and your room will be ready in a flash!